发信人: NYCyokel (老妖), 信区: MedicalCareer
标 题: I failed on CS too, I deserve it! (附高清大图)
发信站: BBS 未名空间站 (Wed Aug 19 15:09:13 2009, 美东)
Hey, everyone. Long time no see.
I failed on CS too, which does not really surprise me. I skipped Step1 and
Step2 CK, and jumped directly
into CS. I was not well prepared, bought a First Aid for USMLE CS, however
just carefully read 10 out of 30+
cases, and glanced through all the rest. No real person practice, no
questionare reciting. I was not confident
at all before the exam. But since I had lots of things piled up for me to
deal with, and I was too lazy to
postpone the exam, I went ahead and took mine at the Philadelphia center.
- That's why I am saying that I deserve the failing score.
Although failed, I still have some lessons to share with you guys.
At the meanwhile, smooth the hurting feeling of people who failed like me :)
1. I was worrying about my ICE. I squeezed over the passing line just
because I have clinic experience,
though forgot lots of medical terms in English.
2. Since have been in the US for so many years, failing on SEP would really
put shame on me.
3. I worried about my questioning skill too. I did not try to memorize the
questions like others did. I just
assumed that I was dealing with real patients. But apparently, I was not so
skillful as those doctors I
worked with, that draged my score down.
4.我觉得今生作人最大的失败就是折在了Professional manner and Rapport
----估计SP们一眼就看出了我的WS, 要知道我是以皮科大夫的标准在严格要求自己 :(
It was really out of my every day practice scope.
Since I did not practice the First Book very well, I behaviored very naively.
So my plan to pass it next time:
1. Do a little bit research on Physician/Patient rapport, watch other
physicians communicating with
patients. Try to memorize the sentences showing my sympathy toward my
patients, no matter acting talent
is required or not.
2. Practice on questioning on all the cases I probably encounter during the
real exam, practice it again and
3. Although CS is not really an exam on examinees' clinical knowledge, I
will try to finish Step1 and 2 first.
They will be more or less helpful. I need to make sure I am not going to
fail on other aspect surprisingly.
I failed on my CS, but I am not going to die with this failure.
I will be fine as long as 小妖 still calls me dad.
Advice to other 琐友们 - Don't be a jerk like me, 拿CS练手儿
Except you are 吃饱了撑的.
※ 来源:·WWW 未名空间站 海外: mitbbs.com 中国: mitbbs.cn·[FROM: 159.123.]