发信人: diarrhea (二餅), 信区: MedicalCareer
标 题: Eleven Commandments for Chinese Interns
发信站: BBS 未名空间站 (Fri Dec 26 20:23:32 2008)
regarding Jeff Wiese's Clinical Clerkships: The Answer Book, page 26
My post based on ten Chinese interns in my program in past 3 years.
1. Play as a team: try to make team members look good; respect everyone;
respect hierarchy, even if you dislike your superior; even the worst
attending can teach you lessons about things you do not want to emulate when
you become an attending yourself.
> 51% CMGs are good team players.
2. Be honest: even the best interns forget to check a lab result. But never
CMGs are very honest. But a group of FMGs form Asia love to lie! You guys
definitely know who they are.
> 51% CMGs are not good at communication. May be due to language; may be
stay with cells and animals too long, then forget to communicate with human
4. Show up early: show up early for pre-rounds so that you have more to
offer in work rounds; always be on time.
Most CMGs did it.
5. Write good notes
CMGs notes are great.
6. Attend conferences: you are paid both in forms of paycheck and education.
50% CMGs don't have time to attend conference.
7. Develop good clinical methods and be thorough
> 51% CMGs did it
8. Develop a habit of reading something daily: this is more important than
how much you read
Most CMGs don't have any time to read.
9. Don't waste your energy on needless squabbles
>75% CMGs exhausted everyday.
10. Preserve at least one hobby in your life: it will keep you sane.
>51 CMGs forget their hobbies or they never had hobby except passing exams.
Lots of CMGs are very boring.
11. Do not lose perspectives: patience care is all about your patients, not
about you; you are going to make mistakes, but one mistake does not ruin the
entire rotation; do not compare yourself to other interns, because your
ultimate competition is within you.
>75% CMGs make mistakes everyday and grow up.
※ 来源:·WWW 未名空间站 海外: mitbbs.com 中国: mitbbs.cn·[FROM: 67.85.]