发信人: guidewire (guidewire), 信区: MedicalCareer
标 题: Re: answer a friend's question
发信站: BBS 未名空间站 (Thu Mar 20 19:47:57 2008)
after seeing fatman's post, I also think of are several things I want to
remand folks who are starting residency.
1, be honest, this is very very important, it is bad enough to make a
mistake, it is worse to cover it up. people can forgive you if you screw up,
just admit it. but they won't if you lie, your reputation will be ruined.
this is very serious.
2. when make mistake, say sorry, don't try to find excuse. just don't let it
3. eat whenever you can, sleep whenever you can. pee whenever you can, this
is the intern's rule, cause you don't know what is going to happen next.
4. read advanced surgical recall and absite review, there will be a lot of
pimping session in residency, people will get impressed if you can answer
5. work hard. I don't need say more about this.
6. be a team player, don't care too much about call schedule etc.
7. don't bad mouth anybody behind their back, word travels fast, and it will
get back to you before you know it.
8. try to practice central line and intubation and A-line, this is basic for
interns, if you do it well, people will respect you.
9. operationing wise, you may not have too much chance for it, so don't have
too much hope.
10. respect hierchy, alway let your resident or your chief look good. don't
not embarrass them infront attending or other residents.
※ 来源:·WWW 未名空间站 海外: mitbbs.com 中国: mitbbs.cn·[FROM: 205.147.]