信人: yf (麦地fanfan), 信区: MedicalCareer
标 题: Summary of questions asked during hem/onc fellowship interview
发信站: BBS 未名空间站 (Sun Feb 21 21:40:50 2010, 美东)
Below is a summary of questions that I met during Hem/Onc interview:
1. Why do you choose Hem/Onc?
2. Why do you choose our program?
3. What is your specific area of interest? Hematology or Oncology? What
is the special disease you are interested in?
4. Do you have a specific lab that you are interested in in our program?
5. Do you have a certain research that you want to do in your fellowship?
6. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? In 10 years? Do you want to be a
clinician or physician scientist or a translational researcher?
7. Have you ever got a grant? Have you ever written a grant proposal? Why
did you not get funded?
8. Do you want to have single board certified or dual board certified?
9. Tell me about your research? Do you have a specific plan of your
10. Why did you change your specialty from xx to oncology?
11. Why did you decide to come back to clinics after you have done so
much basic research?
12. How did your residency program treat you?
13. What are the difficulties you met during your residency?
14. How did you overcome those difficulties?
15. Tell me about a difficult patient/case. How did you solve those
16. Have you been exposed to cancer patients?
17. What is the research you have done during your residency?
18. How did you conduct BAD news to your patient?
19. How did you deal with end of life cases?
20. How did you deal with the depression that cancer pts have?
21. Do you consider it a failure that you couldn’t save your pt?
22. Do you like inpatient setting more or outpatient setting more? Why?
23. What are your weaknesses? And how have you dealt with them?
24. Have you ever dealt with dying patients and their families?
25. When will you talk about hospice care with patients and family?
26. What’s your understanding about “do not resuscitate“ in cancer
27. What do you think you can contribute to our program?
28. What is your husband/wife doing? Does he/she support you?
29. How do you like NYC? Would you like to move?
30. Where else have you applied to?
31. Did you plan to do fellowship before residency or after?
32. What Hem/onc related book or magazine have you read?
33. What are the newest development do you think in oncology/hematology?
34. What is the difference between health care system in US and in China?
※ 来源:·WWW 未名空间站 海外: mitbbs.com 中国: mitbbs.cn·[FROM: 184.49.]